top of page



There will be NO touch this week. With the rise in COVID cases and the shift to a level 3 alert (orange) the R2R task force has decided to cancel touch until further notice. Although it is not entirely clear what this alert means for contact sport at this time, we acknowledge our role in keeping our members and the greater community safe.

The reality is that we first started and have cancelled practices when the cases were lower than they are now. Although we would all love to be on the pitch, trust me it is the highlight of my week, postponing practice is a protective measure and an important action that prioritizes schools, healthcare, hospitals etc. over us. I know we will miss it and if all goes well we hope to start up again as soon as possible.

You may have also heard about Rugby Quebec’s announcement of a Senior Rugby X league starting Oct 1st. Rugby X is a significantly modified version of rugby with limited participants, no scrums, mauls or uncontested rucks. If the league can go ahead (depending on alert levels) we have decided not to participate as a club. This decision is extremely difficult but is based on the current situation, the time necessary to prepare athletes for contact and the limited amount of time we have before snow. If you would like further information on our decision please feel free to reach out to me directly at

The R2R task force will meet weekly to discuss potential return to touch and you will be informed at every step.

Thank you all for making this “season” fun and for being great humans.

Sincerely, Sommer Christie, SABRFC president

& the SABRFC Return 2 Rugby Task Force